Friday, March 02, 2007

Pasir Gudang Part 2

It was about to rain when I reach the main port area. The beach has fine white sand and it reminds me of Langkawi (nostalgic me). Nope, Langkawi is better. But the sand is nearly identical. The water was dark, and contains small particle of I dunno what.. silt maybe. But it is very clean throughout, unlike Port Dickson. Later after walking around, I notice that the color of the sea there was peculiar. From the beach and about 100 meters onward it was brown, then it was dark green. I think the logic behind this, is that the sea has been reclaimed (is this the right term?) or in other words, it was made shallower.. to support the pier or harbour or whatever they call it. Maybe that explains the murky waters there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The main pier or whatever you may call it, is very very very long and far away into the sea. I think its several hundred meters, if not a kilometer in length. The pier is equipped with long metal pipes, according to Mom, its fuel line for refuelling the ships. I dunno. But the scene there was really great. The entrance was sealed off from the public, and there are signs that say "Trespassers will be shot dead with automatic assault rifles".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Back to the beach, there are some stalls selling colorful kites, and there is a yacht club nearby. From the beach, I can see several yachtsmen doing their stuff in the middle of the ocean. I don't intend to be unadventurous, but it really looked like there was a thunderstorm waiting to unleash its fury.. any moment. There are children bathing in the sea, and a family playing kite with their children. There is also a group of anglers lining up beside the pier with hand grenades.. no with fishing rods laa, catching dunno what. Then all in a sudden.

It rained.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It rain hard. I've encountered this type of rain less than 3 times in my life. Its the type of rain where you have to wear your umbrella horizontally. Yep. Its raining sideways. And my umbrella's frame was nearly crushed by the strong wind. Quickly, Mom and I rushed to the underside of the pier, to take futile refuge from the rain. And it seems that everyone else is doing the same. Except for the suicidal yachtsmen. Hahaha~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*Notice the sudden heavy downpour*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As it rained very hard and continued for quite some time. Mom and I decided that we better make a run for the car. And we did, and get wet as well. We then decided to head to the Muzium Layang-Layang. I dunno why Mom wanted to check this place out. Maybe she saw it on TV. Hmm.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Upon reaching there, we stopped by Masjid Jamek (I don't remember the name) for our prayers. And continued the trip after a short while. And we were there in no time. The museum, has a unique structure.. it has a windmill on top of its roof. I later learned that this windmill is a working one, in tandem with turbines under a lake nearby to generate electricity for the museum. And it costs millions if I'm not mistaken. Duh.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The entrance fee is RM2 per kepala. The museum personnel there looked tired and sleepy. Not much customer I reckon. The place as the name suggests is laden with kites of various culture from all over the world. Most of it comes from the Malay Archipelago itself, and some Japanese flyers too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The lighting inside the museum was very poor, resulting in image shakes (wish I had VR or Steady Shot eheh). Basically the tour, tells you of the history of kites, how they are made and some prominent events that were associated with kite flying. I also learned that the Sultan of Johor has a keen interest in kite flying and festivals.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hopefully I'll be there in the next festival, for photographic opportunities.
We went home after 30 minutes or so, Mom wanted to get back before dark. And with that said, we joined the infamous Pasir Gudang Highway jam all the way home. Very tiring.

The End.

No comments: